It’s no secret the cost of living in Sydney is a little high. But that doesn’t mean it’s not affordable to live here. As a student Visa holder you will be required to have approximately AUD$20,290 per person per year for living expenses (this doesn’t include your tuition fees). However, the actual cost depends on your individual lifestyle and ability to budget.
MEGA recognises one of the biggest expenses for international students is accommodation which is why we have created an accommodation service for our students.
MEGA offers easy and complete homestay packages. Our staff can book and arrange accommodation for students. MEGA places students based on preferences and availability of matching hosts with regard to proximity to their place of study. Application received well in advance will enjoy higher availability of hosts and closer locations to MEGA. MEGA does not charge students additional fees to find accommodation in specific zones or locations. Please contact our staff for current prices and full details.
Before you arrive in Australia, it’s good to research key costs associated with living in Sydney. Here are some to get you started:
- Hostels and Guesthouses – $90 to $150 per week
- Shared Rental – $85 to $215 per week
- On campus – $90 to $280 per week
- Homestay – $235 to $325 per week
- Rental – $165 to $440 per week
- Boarding schools – $11,000 to $22,000 a year
Other living expenses
- Groceries and eating out – $80 to $280 per week
- Gas, electricity – $35 to $140 a week
- Phone and Internet – $20 to $55 per week
- Public transport -$15 to $55 per week
- Car (after purchase) – $150 to $260 per week
- Entertainment – $80 to $150 per week