It’s good to know that when your studies are completed in Australia you have a range of options. They include:

1. Travel

A lot of students like to take a break when they have finished their studies or start looking for a full-time job. Australia is a popular tourist destination — if you want to spend some time exploring the country after your studies you will need a Tourist Visa.  The Tourist Visa will enable you to stay in the country for up to three, six or 12 months. If you wish to work before you start your travels, you will need to apply for a Working Holiday Visa.

2. Continue working for your current employer

If you continue to work with your current employer and they are happy to sponsor you while you are studying in Australia then you are able to live and work in Australia for as long as you work for that employer.

3. Extend your stay to improve your skills

The Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) is for students who recently graduated from an education institution in Australia.  It enables international students to remain in Australia for up to 18 months for Graduate work stream or up to 4 years for Post-Study Work stream, after they complete their studies, to travel, gain work experience or improve their English skills. This is a good option for students who wish to extend their stay for quite some time and work. Please see the list of MEGA Higher Education Articulation Partners here: (

4. Work while you holiday

If you’re looking for something more short-term, the Working Holiday Visa was designed to allow overseas visitors aged 18 to 30 to enjoy extended holidays in Australia. This visa allows holders to stay for up to 12  months from the date of first entry to Australia, regardless of where they spend the whole time in Australia. As part of this visa, you can work for a maximum of six months for an employer and must change employer thereafter, and are allowed to study for 17 weeks. This is a great way to balance learning with exploring a new country, and improving your English language skills. Or if you’re taken to gain work and qualifications in the hospitality field, MEGA have some fantastic, flexible options.

5. Try MEGA’s Working Holiday package programme

MEGA’s Working Holiday Package programme is designed to offer maximum flexibility to Working Holiday Visa holders while working and travelling in Australia.

Or if you are keen to practice some of your new skills, your Student Visa allows you to work 40 hours per fortnight during the teaching terms an full-time during the holidays.