As well as being the name of the most awesome city in the world, Sydney is the name of the suburb that covers the CBD, Opera House, The Rocks, Circular Quay and Darling Harbour. If you’re based in the CBD (Central Business District), you have easy public transport access to some great entertainment hubs:
1. Walsh Bay: Entertainment precinct where you can catch live shows at the Sydney Theatre Company and Sydney Dance Company.
2. Chinatown: From yum cha in the morning to supper at Golden Century, it’s still pumping out Australia’s most awesome chinese seafood!
3. Circular Quay: Fun for people watching, checking out the latest exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art or sitting outside at one of the restaurants and bars dotted around the water.
4. The Rocks: Check out the markets on the weekend and historic pubs to have a quiet (or loud) drink.
5. Darling Harbour: A retails, tourism and entertainment hub with plenty of activities to do and events to attend.
6. Barangaroo: Sydney’s newest precinct, Barangaroo is the perfect place to walk, cycle or relax by the water in a picnic.
7. Bondi: The most famous beach of them all! Summertime at Bondi is legendary.
8. Newtown: For something more edgy, head to Newtown for hotels full of character, delicious multicultural food and live music.