MEGA is committed to supporting students through their academic journey at the college. MEGA’s student administrative, support and learning support services are designed to ensure that students have a positive learning environment and experience throughout their studies.
MEGA provides a range of student support services to all its clients in order to assist and support the successful achievement of their learning outcomes. Services may include (but are not limited to):
• Pre-enrolment information and materials, including indicative cost of living and life in Australia;
• Orientation information and orientation program;
• Study support and study skills programs;
• Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support;
• Equipment, resources and/or programs to increase access for learners with disabilities;
• Counselling services or referrals for expert assistance and help to ensure student well-being;
• Flexible scheduling and delivery of training and assessment;
• Academic pathways, career planning, and further study information;
• Information technology (IT) support;
• Learning materials in alternative formats, for example, in large print for students with special needs;
• Dedicated student administrative staff ensure that students have access to all the required services, including external counselling and referrals.
MEGA has delegated a dedicated student support team to assist with student welfare and learning support enquiries and requirements including (but not limited to) in the areas of accommodation, counselling, crisis services, disabilities and equity issues, financial matters, legal issues, medical issues, mental health, religious and spiritual matters, employment rights as a student, and stress-management.
Students with Disability
MEGA acknowledges the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and the Disability Standards for Education 2005, and its obligation as an education and training provider to support the rights of students with disability to participate in educational courses and programs on the same basis as students without disability.
Students who wish to apply for adjustments to training or assessment methods on the basis of a disability should contact the Academic Manager or the Campus Director (through the front desk or student support contacts as above) and bring supporting documents for consideration of disability (e.g. a letter from a treating professional).
Students with disabilities are subject to the standard rules and policy on assessment and teaching methods, and assessment is only varied where a student can demonstrate with appropriate documentation that he/she is disadvantaged as a result of disability.
MEGA shall ensure that appropriate student support services are available to assist students in completing their studies and reaching their academic goals. Information on student support services, and procedures for accessing these services, including contact details of the Student Support Officers will be made available to all the students through;
• Student Handbook
• College Website
• Student Orientation Program
The Student Support Officers shall ensure that up-to-date information is available for student support services and that any contact details provided are current.
Student support team can be contacted through;
Contact Number: +61 2 9299 6788
Email Address: [email protected]
The front desk shall also assist with organising appointments as soon as practicable. Student in an immediate support need may also contact and inform any staff member or trainers in the classroom at any time.
Refer to MEGA’s Student Welfare and Support Policy HERE.